Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Chris: 12/3/2008


Didn't have much of a lunch today -- too busy at the workplace. Especially after retriving my mail at the ol' P.O.. So n-e-wayz I cruised over to Zakia Deli (my jam) near work for their Wednesday 'Dave-Basha' special. It's been a few weeks since I last sampled this thing, and guess what? It still rules. Got to talking with the owner as I was ordering, and he gave me 15% off since I work in the vacinity (more coupons headed to me via work, too). Pretty rad. So back to the meal: Dave-Basha is a ground beef & stewed potato/carrot dish in a savory broth, served over rice. On the side is an order of their delicious ranch potatoes, which is a tasty roasted potato/onion/pepper dish. For some reason they gave me a homemade bun as well, which might just re-emerged as part of tomorrow's lunch... Damn fiiiiiiiine.

5 comments:

PuritanicalGardener1692 said...

If it's twenty below outside, then this is acceptable.

Chris said...

It was like 15 degrees outside, but is acceptable anyway cuz it tastes GOOD

Jme said...

You should take a picture of the aftermath. I bet it was full of uneaten carrots, onions and peppers

Shawn said...

jme, this is the aftermath.

jeremy said...

good joke, shawn.