Sunday, November 09, 2008

Chris: 11/9/2008



HISTORY LESSON: Round about several years ago, there was a small MN-based mexi-chain called Zapata's. The geniuses behind the biz created a brilliant item - the CHILITO - that took the food world by storm. So much so that the corporate suits at Taco Bell decided to rip 'em off, name & all, for their own chili cheese burrito. Right around this time the Zapata's brass were getting serious heat for naming their establishment after such a rad(ical) dude. The biz changed to ZANTIGO, lost footing vs. TB & closed most of its stores. Its still around, though, god bless 'em, but the locations are scattered in various suburban locales in the area. The closest to me is the one in Woodbury, so I made the epic (10 min) trek out to experience the mind-altering brilliance once again. Brilliant indeed. I ordered two hot chilitos & a diet coke. The spicy-ness of the item is undercut slightly by the almost overwhelming flour-y-ness of the tortilla, giving this a pretty righteous balance o' flavor. As I sat & enjoyed (inhaled) my meal, I couldn't help but overhear customers come in & order their own chilitos w/ extra add-ons like sour cream, extra cheez, etc. My mind was aflutter with the infinite possibilities at hand. Next time, my friends. But this was most righteous. And I'm sure Shawn ate some Wendy's c-nugz or some such thing. Tevz. LOL.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

man, i love the t-bell chilito so much this has to be good.

Chris said...

You would love this....seriously...

cb said...

reminds me of rick's spud-a-rito in pasadena ... easily the best/worst meal you can put in your face!!
me hungry.