Saturday, October 11, 2008

Chris: 10/11/2008


After numerous complaints about my forays into lunch photography , I thought I'd make an effort to take a good photo today. Eating at a place that serves beautiful-looking food always makes the task easier, not to mention dining alongside a top notch photographer with loads of suggestions. And yeah, sunlight is helpful, too. So today: Ngon. It's in Saint Paul and is probably the best Vietnamese place (I've tried) in town. Went with what I ordinarily order here, which is grilled chicken served over rice vermicelli and mixed greens, garnished with crushed peanuts & carrots. With fish sauce on the side. This is one of the most perfect meals: it's light, seemingly neverending, and tasty beyond belief. I got nothin' against Gordo's, but this dish takes the cake...

7 comments:

PuritanicalGardener1692 said...

Today's was a great cultural food battle, with exceptional images. While this dish looks great, I've got to give the flavor tip to Gordos. Can't beat their sauce.

teddybear1950 said...

YAWN

Chris said...

Yo PG, I've eaten at both of these places several times, and let me assure you that this dish is WAAAYYY better than anything Gordo's ever plopped on a plate.

Shawn said...

chris, first off - your crazy. second, this meal looks pretty good...but i am OFFENDED you would say what you said about Gordos, the best restaurant in Tally. Who have you become? GORODOSSSSSSS!!! (ps. this is by far been our best day for eating)

PuritanicalGardener1692 said...

Plopped indeed, but plopped with delicious Gordos sauce.

Chris said...

This truly was an amazing day of eating!

cb said...

you both really pulled out the stops today, great job!