Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Chris: 10/21/2008


"Hey student, where's Coffman Union?" After learning last week that there is, in fact, a CHIK-FIL-A IN MINNEAPOLIS (!!!!), it's taken all of my willpower to refrain from trekking over to the University of Minnesota campus for a big ol' bite. Today I trekked. And holy moly it was fantastic. First, I spent some time on my route, finding a really fast way to get to & fro. I scoped out parking & exactly where I'd need to walk to get my Chik-Fil-A fix as quickly as possible. So then it was time to leave, and I busted outta here like a bat outta hell, screaming "carpe diem" and frothing at the mouth. I get in, purchase a small order of nugz & a sammie (sans pickle, of course) & bolt for the courtyard to dine in a bona fide student stylee. The sun almost made me forget that it's 50 degrees today (& windy), but really it set the tone for the beaming smile on my face & warmth in my soul. Fan-tasty-tastic. Shawn loses (as usual).

14 comments:

PuritanicalGardener1692 said...

What? No pickle? That's just wrong. Shawn wins.

Chris said...

I ordered chicken, not pickles

km said...

This was like a vision quest. A very spiritual story, Chris. I am reborn.

cb said...

was your coke breaded?

Chris said...

Breaded with dreams

Pantsenfuego said...

living in Los Angeles, where no chik-fil-a exists, this lunch automatically wins...Color me jealous.

jeremy said...

touching story. you should use it when you are interviewing for jobs. it truly shows your attention to detail, meticulous planning, and ability to follow through. well done, chris. i also totally laughed out loud at "nugz".

Jme said...

congratulations. i know this day means a lot to you.

PuritanicalGardener1692 said...

Forget the pickles, how can there be no mention of sauces when eating nugz at Chik-Fil-A? There are like 12 different sauces now.

Shawn said...

puratanical gardner does bring up an interesting point: Did you try Chic-Fil-A-Sauce?

Chris said...

No sauce, the unadorned taste was quite boss

PuritanicalGardener1692 said...

No sauce? Ew.

Sippy Cup said...

If Chris had lived in the TC 9 years ago he could have blown this whole contest away with one single meal at "Smoke in the Pit." Unfortunately, by seeking out the one obligatory campus ChikFilA in town, he stoops to a sad level. Advantage Shawn.

Chris said...

You must be trippin'